Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Job Hunt

I knew that getting a job in sports would not be an easy task, but it's turning out to be even more difficult than I expected. After several unsuccessful attempts to land a job, I find that my post-graduation life is up in the air. Right now I am hoping to get a six-month internship with the Atlanta Falcons. I would make minimum wage as a community relations assistant. Despite the low paycheck, the opportunity to work for an NFL team would be too great to pass up. I would work out of the team's headquarters in Flowery Branch and would handle player and cheerleader appearances as well as youth activities during training camp. I am crossing my fingers on this one, because I do not know what my next step will be if I do not get the job. I am hoping that I get some graduation money from family members and the like, because that June rent payment will be coming up very soon.

No comments: